Thursday, November 12, 2015

My GOD, what happened?

Hello to my readers!

Hello?

HHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO?

Ok, I know, I know. I have neglected you for over a year. I am sorry about that. My life has just changed trajectory.

Like off a cliff.

Seriously, things changed.

After I couldn't get into nursing school, even with a perfect GPA, I learned that sometimes you just can't keep waiting around for what you think you want. Things will change. That is life. So here is brief run down of why I have been so neglectful.

In 2014, I was offered a position as the Director of a local Community College book store. I had no choice but to take it. My son, at the time was in middle school and he was not doing well. This kid was a real trooper but his performance was not good enough to pass a single grade, but yet, the school kept pushing him on to the next one. I couldn't watch my son, go to school early to do work, work at school all day and then stay after for extra help and not have any success. It so happened that after talking to my good friend, that there was a private school for kids like him that had learning challenges, like mild autism or a learning disability but that needed one on one attention and a different environment that fosters learning in a way HE learns. So I took on the tuition payment and sent him there.

I am glad I did. He is happier than he has ever been and is finally having the success that he deserved after years of failure. He wasn't stupid, he wasn't incapable of learning. He just learns differently. Not less, just differently.

So now I needed a job and this boss lady job came up so I took it. I now has 5 permanent employees and a slew of student employees. Now, this is where I was blessed. I call them "my girls". They are super special ladies that deserve better than I can give them, but they keep coming to work everyday and just make my life awesome because of it. I have never laughed so hard or felt such a level of belonging in my life.

Maybe someone was trying to tell me something.

You guys know by now I am a recovering Catholic so I don't jump to the God figure as a reason for things but this is something that has truly been a blessing, wherever it came from.

So, now I have a 9th grader, who rolls his eyes at me and says, "Whatever Mom." Part of me wants to strangle him, but the other part is so happy that he is finally found some place in his life where he can have success.

I am still a student, and I swear I am so over this student shit. I would love to have a day I could come home from work and not have to worry about a paper, or another assignment. I am not far off. I have a handful more credits to take, and hopefully I will finish December of 2016. It may be sooner but that is what I am shooting for.

Listen, don't poke fun at me because it has taken be FOR-EV-AR to get this done. I had stuff come up and was trying to figure out what to do when obstacles kept being put in my way on this journey.

Other stuff? Well, I saw by BFF get married to her soul mate. I buried two beloved pets. I had my gallbladder out in May after thinking I was having a heart attack. I am starting a business with my beer buddy. All SORTS of fun stuff!


I promise, I will be better about this. Now that I am working full time you will prolly get a lot of crockpot recipes. I may even print my previous recipes in a book and do something like sell it. The future has all sorts of possibilities.

In the mean time, stay tuned, stay classy and try to stay sober. If you fail at the latter of those, I won't hold it against you.

Cheers!






I may even show you how to make homemade cured smoked bacon!!!













2 comments:

  1. What is the school your son is doing so well at? I am so happy to read that he is doing well and happy. Sounds like you had a rough year, but you inspire me with your perseverance! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sara! Thanks for reading. I don't want to name the school on the open inter-webs but I can PM you on FB and give you the low down on the place. It is a really great place for him and he loves it even if he has to wear a uniform.

    ReplyDelete